Skip to main content


Frequently Asked Questions

Here are some questions that are frequently asked about the Rainbow Rose Center and the services we provide to York County's LGBTQIA+ Community.

Our Services

Can you help me change my legal name?

Absolutely! We can help with the application process for filing for a legal name and/or gender marker change. We can also support you by accompanying you during the filing process and, if allowed by the court and available, a Resource Specialist will attend your hearing. Email us at to get started with the process.

Do you provide emergency shelter?

We can help connect you to safe, gender diverse and LGBTQIA+ affirming shelters in our local communities. The Rainbow Rose Center does not run a shelter. 

I'm cleaning out my closet and would like to donate to The Closet program, can I drop items off somewhere?

If you are interested in making a donation to The Closet, please email We will respond as soon as possible to arrange a time and place to receive the donation. We are able to accept gently, clean, used clothing at a limited capacity (please email to see if we are currently accepting donations on used clothes).

York County Pride

I'm interested in vending at York County Pride - how do I sign up? 

Absolutely! Check out our Events page for York County Pride and fill out a vendor application before May 12th!